In Lingo you can control how much of your Space’s and content’s metadata is displayed in share link preview images, login pages and kit password entry pages. These settings are found on the web in the Settings tab under the Content privacy section.
How it works
There are three settings you can choose from:
- No previews - when this is enabled only Lingo’s branding will display in link previews of private kits. Any Kits that are public will display Kit metadata (Kit name, cover image and description).
- Branded previews - when this is enabled your Space’s custom theme will be applied to login pages, kit password entry pages, and your share link previews.
- Detailed previews - when this is enabled your Space’s custom theme will be applied to login pages and kit password entry pages, and your share link previews will pull metadata from the kit to allow for more detailed previews.
For these settings to apply to your login and password entry pages, you need to have custom appearance on for your space.
What is a link preview?
When you share a link somewhere (social media platforms, messaging apps etc.), a preview of the links contents is usually included. Lingo's link previews generally look like the image below.
- Your Space avatar or Kit cover image
- Your Space name or Kit name
- Your Space URL
- Your Space or Kit description
With this new setting, you can control how much information you want to show in link previews to your content in Lingo.